Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The Mooky Book Club


An online book club has been set up on the Mookychick forum. The first book that we will be reading is Push by Sapphire, the book that the recent film Precious was based on. We're in good company, as the SYP's London Book Club read it last month.

I got my copy from the library a couple of days ago, hopefully I will be reading it soon. This year, to cut down my huge TBR (to be read) pile, I resolved to read two books I that I own for every one library book, but a few days later I decided more drastic action needed to be taken and decided to read three books I own for every library book. The last book I read (The Diamond of Drury Lane) was a library book, so I now have to read three books of my own before I can read Push.

If it is really 'The Color Purple for the nineties' it's going to make me cry and I'll read it all in a day, because that's how The Color Purple went for me!

If you want to join in, all you have to do is become a member of the Mookychick forum, which is free. It's a nice place and the members are very welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...