Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books on My Bookshelf

/pile on the floor/shelf/bedside chest of drawers...

This is my fourth Top Ten Tuesday post. Top Ten Tuesday was created and is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is...

Top Ten Unread Books on My Bookshelf

This is the easiest Top Ten Tuesday so far. I have many amazing books on my TBR, and it's nice to get to write about them and remind myself that they are there and I should get on and read them! I tried to avoid writing about books I've mentioned in other Top Ten Tuesday lists. Links will go to Amazon until I actually read and review the books and can link to my own reviews.

1. Out, by Natsuo Kirino
(length of time on TBR - at least three years)
I first read about this on a book forum, lots of people were raving about it. It's crime fiction and apparently quite gruesome so it's not exactly waving for my attention from the shelf (plus there are other books in front of it so I can't actually see it anymore - haha).
2. Wayward Girls and Wicked Women, ed. by Angela Carter
(length of time on TBR - at least three years)
I've owned this for ages but like all short story collections, it's doomed to linger on my TBR, despite Angela Carter being one of my favourite authors.
(length of time on TBR - at least three years)
I LOVE FAIRY TALES. I LOVE ANGELA CARTER. I WANTED THIS BOOK DESPERATELY. WHY HAVEN'T I READ THIS???? WJ%^EOJ"£! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?
4. Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell
(length of time on TBR - too shameful to mention)
There are people I'm actually kind of avoiding out of shame at not having read this yet. I loved David Mitchell's first two books, they propelled him into my favourite author category but this is a giant hardback and thus a committment that requires about two weeks with not much else to do. Okay, maybe just one week, it's not Ash: A Secret History (which has over 1000 pages and did take me two weeks of rushing home after school and reading as much as possible until bedtime to complete).
(length of time on TBR - at least three years)
My sister actually really wanted to read this and she borrowed it from me so it's actually technically on her bookshelf at the moment, but I haven't read it.
(length of time on TBR - over two and a half years)
I read Dead Witch Walking, the first in The Hollows series, last August. At least I reviewed it so I won't have to read it again before I read book two.
7. The Tough Guide To Fantasyland, by Diana Wynne Jones
(length of time on TBR - over two and a half years)
My MA tutor recommended this to me. I finished my MA in 2009. Le Sigh.
(length of time on TBR - just under two years)
I read this review and desperately wanted to read it. I got it for Xmas...2009. I hang my head in shame.
9. The Dud Avocado, by Elaine Dundy
(length of time on TBR - over one year)
I got this because Sarra Manning recommended it in the back pages of Nobody's Girl and I am a big fan of Sarra Manning. I haven't read it yet. It just doesn't fit into any of my current reading challenges. It doesn't even fit into the one I am planning to run next year.
10. A Great and Terrible Beauty, by Libba Bray
(length of time on TBR - about one year)
I've heard many good things about this but still it lingers on my TBR. Not for long though, as I have to read it to complete the Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge! Whoo! Finally a book on this list that I'm actually going to read soon! Wayhey!

2 comments:

  1. I love fairy tales, I would love to read the fairy tale book on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'd love it, it's a gorgeous volume.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...