Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday: Reasons I Love Being A Blogger
1. Keeping up to date with bookish news - before I was a blogger, I only knew that my favourite authors had new books out when I saw them in a bookshop or at the library, which is far too late! As a blogger, I get to know about books, events, conferences, and all sorts of other wonderful things that I might otherwise have missed out on.
2. Finding out what other people thought of books and issues surrounding books - I love the community. I am passionate about books, reading, writing, libraries and diversity, and love talking and reading about a wide variety of book-related issues. Being this obsessed can sometimes get a bit awkward, but most of the time it's worked out well!
3. Instant gratification - Not only do I love it when I update my blog and people comment straight away, but I also love being able to go online whenever I want and explore other people's blogs.
4. Connecting with people on other forms of social media - Blogging has lead me to find and follow so many interesting people. I am a complete Twitter addict, but I also love Instagram and Facebook.
5. Memes - a great excuse to indulge my love of lists. Oh look, I'm writing one now.
6. Communications with publishers, invites to events, and review copies - I'd be lying if I said that I didn't love all this stuff and that it didn't make me feel good!
7. It looks good on my CV - I have had a couple of conversations at job interviews about blogging and social media, even when the job wasn't directly related to those things.
8. Pretty pictures - books make great eye candy, don't they? I love finding and making pictures of books.
9. Discovering books I might otherwise not have heard of - my wishlist is always increasing and although I enjoy knowing what is popular, I love finding out about a book I might otherwise never have read.
10. Sharing my opinions - I started to blog in the first place for the same reason as almost everybody else - I thought some other people might be interested in my opinions about books. I haven't always been someone with confidence in my own opinions, and blogging has really helped me practice expressing my thoughts in written form.
Which of these reasons made your Top Ten list? Let me know in the comments! Top Ten Tuesday was created and is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.